** NEWS ** NEWS ** NEWS **
- Pictures are posted and thank you Murray-KG5VLV for
taking them. Also thank you to Sharon-KA5DOW for also
taking some pictures at the test session and the hamfest.
- Minutes of August Business meeting
- Donations to our Scholarship can still be made as well as to
the OARC Club's Fund.
- The QRM is Now Posted for August.
21st. Test Session: We had one new Tech, 3 upgraded to General and
3 upgraded to Extra.
- AA5UY is recommending that we plan for a P2P test of RMS
Winlink program and see how it works for those of us who
have it. We can test HF and 2 meter packet.
- Ron-WB5CXJ daughter makes shirts and we can have her
make up something special at a cost of $17.00 per shirt.
Really large sizes are a few dollars more and we need to
think about how we would like it to look if we decide to
place an order. More on this at our next Business
- Bob, KC5NNK, made a suggestion about passing the hat at
each meeting to
help with repeater hardline fund. All agreed.
- Floors are done in the meeting room, all that is left is the
trim. Thanks to Dave-AG5NM and Bob-KC5NNK for working
on them last week.
UP COMING PRESENTATIONS
16 - Winlink
Presentation - Frank Skiles: Comparison of Winlink to ALE
and D-Rats with advantages/disadvantages of each.
Frank's presentation on Winlink was very
informative and his notes are online.
Here is the link
Shack: 2190 4th St., Slidell, LA Mail: PO Box 553, Slidell, LA
70459 Webmaster: John Guthans, AA5UY • Artwork by Judy Guthans, AA5UZ